Monday, September 16, 2013

An Introduction to the Team

There are 7 of us going on the mission trip. Below are brief bios of each one of us.

Abby Taylor: 
I was born in the Buckeye state and have lived in Ohio all my life. I graduated with a degree in teaching from The Ohio State University and taught for 3 years before becoming a mom. I have a wonderful husband of 20 years, 3 beautiful kids and work as a Director of Women at Hope Church. It is an honor and joy to travel on mission with teams of women. By seeing God work all around the globe, it inspires and encourages my faith as I begin to glimpse the enormity of our God.

Carol Snyder: 
I was born in Boston but have lived most of my life in the Cincinnati area. My wonderful husband Mark has put up with me for over 36 years and promises to look after our families while I'm gone. I also know that he will be praying for all of us along with our daughter Erin, her husband, Travis, our son David and his wife Jen, and our son Jonathan and his wife Jessica. I'm blessed to have such prayerful support.

Heather Compton: 
In the third grade God planted a seed in my heart to go to India. In 2011 He brought that promise to life and I got to travel to India and give speeches at women's conferences. Upon return I felt honored and resolved over such an amazing journey from the Lord. Now I'm humbled to say I get to return and share about being "Empowered by the Holy Spirit". I'm looking forward to God's great plans for this trip. He is only good. I am excited to think of how He will reveal himself to us and the women of India.

Janice Plummer: 
I was born in Louisville, KY., graduated from the University of Kentucky and have lived in Cincinnati since 1984. Chris and I have been married almost 29 years (!). We have two children: Nick, age 25 and Leah 15. I am excited about exploring India and getting to know the women whom we hope to serve. This is my third international mission trip and it is always a stretch physically, spiritually and emotionally. God never fails to amaze me with the lengths He will go to to reach His lost children. I look SO forward to seeing God’s glory in new ways!

Karla Harris: 
My husband I are originally from Michigan, have been married for over 25 years and have a lovely daughter and son. I graduated from the University of Michigan, and work as a Mechanical Engineer. I am pleased and honored to come to India and have this wonderful opportunity to worship our awesome God together as sisters in Jesus Christ.

Selin Mariadhas: 
I was born in Tamil Nadu, India, and am very excited to be ministering to women in my home state. I will be visiting my grandmother, aunts, uncles, and cousins before the mission trip and will be joining the rest of the team on Sept 28th. Outside of church, I am an engineer at Procter & Gamble working on hair care products. I'm excited to be taking a break from engineering to serve people in a different capacity.

Susan Smith: 
My husband and I are originally from Texas, and we have a son and a daughter. We are both excited to see what God has in store for us since we've both recently had India come into our lives in unexpected ways. I will be speaking about God’s love and grace, as well as on maturing in Christ at the conferences, and am looking forward to connecting with women in a new culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment